At Young Ideas we understand that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits our stores, website or communicates electronically with us.
Young Ideas is a privately owned, family company. We are a limited company registered in England under the company number 1703991 whose registered address is:
Young Ideas, 10 St John Street, Ashbourne, DE6 1GH.
We trade from three locations, Ashbourne, Derby and Lichfield.
10 St John Street, Ashbourne, DE6 1GH
9 Iron Gate, Derby, DE1 3AL
31 Bore St, Lichfield WS13 6LZ
Our Vat number is 927246610
You can also contact us via email on email@example.com.
How do we collect your personal data and what information do we collect.
When you visit our stores or website we may collect and process data about you in the following way:
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you register for information.
- Information that you provide to us when making a purchase in store.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you join a Young Ideas’ loyalty programme.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you ask one of our teams to email you with information about a product or service.
- When you enter prize draws or competitions.
- When you book any kind of appointment with us or book to attend an event for example a fashion show or personal shopping appointment.
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you.
- When you comment on or review our products and services. Any individual may access personal data related to them, including opinions. So if your comment or review includes information about the team member who provided that service, it may be passed on to them if requested.
- When you fill in any forms. For example, if an accident happens in store, a team member may collect your personal data.
- When you use our stores which usually have CCTV systems operated for the security of both customers and staff. These systems may record your image during your visit.
Data we collect from you includes the following information:
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests.
- Day and month of your birth
Why we collect your data
If you make any purchase in our stores we will create an account in your name which allows us to keep a record of your purchase history. In the event of any future queries with respect to your purchase this allows us to keep a record of the facts with respect to the date and nature of your transaction.
We also collect your data to deliver a bespoke shopping experience to each of our customers. For instance, our stylists may track your purchase history to ensure they get your best fit and match you with product recommendations based on your personal style.
In addition, our stylists may contact you from time to time to advise you of information and services which may be of interest to you. For example we occasionally make calls to invite you to VIP events as well as to inform you about new season arrivals, and remind you of exclusive birthday discounts or other promotional activity.
Young Ideas marketing and communication team use your data in the following ways:
- To send you emails to keep you up-to-date with instore events and promotions, new product launches and style inspiration.
- To occasionally send postal VIP invites as well as our seasonal ‘The Edit’ magazine.
- To text you about in store events and sale promotions to ensure you don’t miss out on discounts on your favourite designer collections.
Storing Your Personal Data
Disclosing Your Information
We do not share your details with any third party unless required to do so by law or to assist in fraud prevention.
You may find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies.
Access to Information
You have the right to access the information that we hold about you.
Should you wish to receive a copy of the details we hold about you please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request in electronic format within 14 days.
Alternatively, you may opt out easily at any time using the ‘unsubscribe‘ feature at the bottom of all our emails.
On occasion, we may gather information about your computer for our services and to provide statistical information regarding the use of our website.
Such information will not identify you personally – it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
Similarly, to the above, we may gather information about your general internet use by using a cookie file. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and the service that we provide to you.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by changing the cookie preferences in your web browser preferences.